Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Lens - SEL85F18
Item # L9361288
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Double linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing
- Direct control with customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch
- Compact and lightweight ideal for full-frame and APS C cameras
- Robust and reliable dust and moisture resistant design
- Internal focus, maintains lens dimensions while focusing
Portrait-perfect sharpness and bokeh
There's nothing like the sharpness and smooth bokeh of a well-designed mid-range telephoto prime lens for portraiture, and the SEL85F18 is a standout choice. It features a compact, lightweight design for mobility, with high-performance optics and a large F1.8 maximum aperture that deliver outstanding image quality. An excellent second lens for both full-frame and APS-C camera users.
Fine prime-lens performance
ED glass for chromatic aberration compensation, a 9-blade circular aperture and carefully controlled spherical aberration contribute to superb sharpness and smooth bokeh.
Mobile and manageable for active shooting
A compact, lightweight (371 g, 13.1 oz) design that is ideally matched to the a7 series offers a great blend of portability and high image quality for portraits, events and more.
Quiet, precise focus drive
A double linear motor system directly drives the lens's focus mechanism without intervening gears for precise, quiet operation that is ideal for movies as well as stills.
Quality build, versatile features
A customizable focus hold button, a wide and responsive focus ring, dust and moisture-resistant design, and other refinements add up to outstanding quality and versatility.
Diameter x Length: 78 x 82mm (3 1/8 x 3 1/4 in.)
8 groups, 9 elements
Max View Angle
Minimum Focus Range
0.8 m (2.63 ft)
371 g (13.1 oz)