Sony FE 12-24mm F4 G Lens - SEL1224G
Item # L9469321
null nullWrite a Review
- G lens design for corner-to-corner high resolution
- Premium optics; 4 aspherical, 1 Super ED, 3 ED glass elements
- Constant F4 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- 7-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh
- Direct Drive Supersonic Wave Motor for fast, quiet, precise focus
- Nano AR Coating dramatically reduces flare and ghosting
- Dust and moisture resistant1 for robust reliability
- Super ED and ED glass with multi-coating reduces chromatic aberration
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via an AF/MF switch
- Customizable focus hold button expands operability
Sony’s widest full-frame E-mount zoom can give you fresh, dynamic ways of seeing a wide range of subjects. Its ultra-wide 12-24mm optics feature cutting-edge refinements for stunning corner-to-corner G Lens resolution at all apertures, while quiet, fast, precise autofocus make it ideal for movies as well as stills. It is an excellent choice for landscapes and architecture, and is compact, lightweight, and mobile so it can go wherever the great shots are without slowing you down.
Advanced optics capture stunning ultra-wide imagery
Achieving ideal performance at wide angles can be difficult, but innovative Sony optical technology has the answers. Aspherical elements contribute to outstanding resolution from the center of the image right out to the periphery, while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and Super ED glass elements effectively suppress chromatic aberration. Sony’s acclaimed Nano AR Coating adds another level of quality by suppressing flare and ghosting even in challenging lighting conditions. A constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range is also an advantage for movies and stills. No matter what the shooting situation, this lens consistently delivers outstanding performance that has made the G Lens series a first choice for discerning photographers everywhere.
Maximum E-mount mobility advantage
Compact, lightweight mobility is part of the E-mount system’s appeal, and this lens has been designed to complement and maximize that advantage. Its state-of-the-art optical design simultaneously achieves outstanding optical performance while reducing both the overall length of the lens and the diameter of the front element. You gain mobility and manageability with no compromise in image quality or operation.
Professional focus mechanism
An inner focus mechanism not only contributes to fast autofocus operation, but also keeps lens barrel length constant during focusing for stable handling. Focus drive is handled by an advanced direct drive SSM (DDSSM) system that delivers ample power for smooth focus lens group control. Autofocus is quiet, fast, and precise when shooting stills or movies.
Diameter x Length: 87 x 117.4 mm (3-1/2 x 4-5/8 in.)
13 groups, 17 elements
Minimum Focus Range
0.28 m (0.92 ft)
565 g (20 oz.)