- Unique G Master™ mid-telephoto lens with lifelike background defocus
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Apodization element eliminates distortion of defocused highlights
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for fast, quiet, precise focusing
- Selectable Macro mode close-focusing of 22.4”/0.25x mag.
- Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization significantly reduces blur
- Manual aperture ring with selectable on/off click for stills or movie
- Focus hold button, programmable for multiple functions
- Aspherical lens element dramatically reduces spherical aberration
- ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass reduces flare and ghosting
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via a AM/MF switch
- Internal Focus maintains lens dimensions while changing focus
STF™ delivers incomparable bokeh and sharpness
This 100-mm mid-range telephoto prime lens is a superb creative tool that offers outstanding G Master resolution plus innovative STF (Smooth Trans Focus) optics for magnificent bokeh. It features fast, precise, quiet DDSSM autofocus, and close-up capability up to 0.25x magnification. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization minimizes blur that can occur during low light or macro shooting.
Exemplary G Master resolution and bokeh
Advanced optics and design achieve extreme resolution and absolutely breathtaking bokeh that combine for overall performance that epitomizes the G Master concept.
Bokeh doesn't get better than this
This lens has been specifically designed to produce extraordinarily smooth, natural bokeh without vignetting. The result is naturally immersive depth and dimensionality.
Resolution true to the G Master name
Extreme image-wide resolution and sharpness fulfill the demanding 50 lines per millimeter MTF requirement that is the basis of G Master optical design.
AF that lets you concentrate on creating
DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive provides fast, precise, quiet autofocus, allowing the user to concentrate fully on capturing superlative stills or movies.
Diameter x Length: 85.2 x 118.1 mm (3 3/8 x 4 3/4 in.)
10 groups, 13 elements (excluding APD element)
Max View Angle
(35MM): 24 °
Minimum Focus Range
0.85 m/2.79 ft
700 g (24.7 oz)