Pro-Ject Clamp It Record Clamp - PJ50433243
Item # L9990045
- Sound improvement for all turntables
- Reduces unwanted resonances during playback
- Fast and easy mounting
- Fine-adjustment of tightening force
- Full metal accessory
- Leather layer protects label side of record
Get functional and easy-to-use sound improvement! Vinyl sound can be significantly improved when unwanted resonances between record and platter can be reduced during playback.
For optimal sound the surfaces of the record and platter should connect tightly. Standard record pucks, which use weight to achieve this, have two common disadvantages:
- The weight can induce higher levels of rumble when used with lower cost turntables which have less massive main bearings, and
- Instead of tightening the records surface to the platter, heavy record pucks can worsen the problem by warping your LPs – the vinyl can become bowl-shaped, with no contact between the outer edges of the record and the platter.
Both these problems affect your sound negatively. Clamp It is the real solution: an accessory with a clamp mechanism around the centre spindle, which does not add the weight which would induce rumble. And instead of warping your records, Clamp It gives you the ability to fine-adjust pressure according condition of your records – not only allowing you to play records that suffer from warping, but allowing you to avoid doing this kind of damage in the first place.
Fitting Clamp It to your turntable is easily done within seconds. This accessory will not only please your ears, it is beautifully machined and will look stylish on any turntable.