Panasonic LUMIX GX8 Body - Black - DMCGX8K
Item # L8973869
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- Unique, in-body stabilization in combination with select optically stabilized lenses work together for class-leading Dual Image Stabilization results
- New 20.3-megapixel sensor achieves Panasonic’s highest image quality
- Worry-free splashproof / dustproof rugged body
4K Video and 4K Photo — Capture THAT MOMENT
THAT MOMENT you want to remember can occur at any time, and Panasonic's exclusive 4K PHOTO technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K Ultra HD Video to extract them as photos. You'll never miss THAT MOMENT again.
4K Photo Modes — Free Your Creativity
The 4K Photo function can be used in three different modes, all allowing you to capture that perfect moment at a high burst rate of 30 frames / photos per second:
- 4K Burst - shoot 4K video at 30 fps as long as the shutter button is pressed. Afterwards extract any image and save in camera as an 8MP still.
- 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) - use the shutter button to start and stop 4K video recording. Then play, pause, and extract any frame as an 8-megapixel equivalent image later.
- 4K Pre-Burst - 4K pre-burst starts recording one second before and after you press the shutter button. Perfect for unpredictable moments.
Innovative, Dual-Image Stabilization
The LUMIX GX8 integrates Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer)* for more effective results. The GX8's body I.S. works in tandem with the LUMIX lens I.S. for maximum stabilization.
Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
The LUMIX GX8 camera body is composed of a magnesium alloy, full diecast front and rear frame. Tight seals on every joint, dial and button enable splashproof / dustproof performance.
20.3MP Live MOS Sensor
The LUMIX GX8 employs the newly-developed 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor that achieves high-speed bursts, ISO25600 high sensitivity, and a wider dynamic range. Combined with the Venus Engine, the GX8 achieves clear image rendering with minimum noise, even in low-light situations.
Large OLED LVF
The LUMIX GX8 comes with a high-resolution (2,360k-dot), tiltable OLED Live View Finder which affords high visibility thanks to a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and a high 0.77x magnification (35mm camera equivalent). An optional eyecup (DMW-EC3) made of elastic material enhances comfort.
Free-angle OLED Monitor
The 1040k-dot rear monitor boasts tilt & swivel capability, making it more comfortable even for vertical composition. Plus, its touch control allows you to quickly set focus just by touching the subject on the screen
Maximum 1/8000 second Fast Shutter Speed
High shutter speed at maximum 1/8000 second enables precise capture of fast-moving subjects, and also allows you to open the aperture in bright outdoor environments. A maximum 1/16000 second with an electronic shutter reduces washouts even under strong sunlight and 1/250 second flash synchronization speed lets you use a fully open aperture even for bright scenes.
Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh, 8.7Wh)
Built In Hot Shoe
5.24 x 2.48 x 3.07 in.
RAW, RAW+JPEG Fine, RAW+JPEG Standard, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard/MPO+JPEG Fine / MPO+JPEG Standard
In Camera Editing
LCD Screen Size
Free-angle 3.0-inch / 3:2 aspect / Wide viewing angle
SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I standard)
(Memory Card Not Included)
Still image: Bulb (Max. 30 minutes), 1/8,000 - 60/Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/25/Electronic shutter: 1/16,000 - 1
OLED Live View Finder (2,360k dots)
435g (body only)