Klipsch THX Ultra2 Passive Subwoofer - 12" - KW-120THX
Item # L4960878
- Very high output capability (130dB @ 30Hz)
- 12" Cerametallic cast-frame, long-throw driver with 240-ounce magnet structure
- Front-ported enclosure for maximum installation flexibility
- NL2 SpeakOn inputs for correct, secure amplifier connection
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
The KW-120-THX is a compact, high-output, low-distortion passive subwoofer suitable for use in any high-performance home-theater or music system. A pair of KW-120-THXs driven by a KA-1000-THX amplifier meet all requirements for THX Ultra2 certification. Although a single KW-120-THX does not satisfy the stringent THX Ultra2 maximum-output specification, which assumes a very large room, it is more than adequate for a typical small or medium-sized room. Either configuration is capable of intense, powerful deep-bass reproduction, with no loss of clarity or detail at even the highest levels demanded by modern action-movie soundtracks. The cabinet is front-ported to maximize installation flexibility.
The KW-120-THX is built around a cast-frame, long-throw driver with a 12-inch Cerametallic™ cone. Propelling it is a powerful motor structure with a huge, 240-ounce magnet. This rugged, no-compromise driver is capable of staggering output without breakup or distortion.
Construction is to the highest standard, with a professional grade rabbet and dado locked panel cabinet and premium components throughout to ensure sonic purity, consistency, and reliability. Each subwoofer enclosure has a NL2 SpeakOn™ input for correct, secure amplifier connections, and each KW-120-THX is supplied with a 20-foot THX Ultra certified speaker cable terminated with NL2 SpeakOn connectors.
Use only with KA-1000-THX (not included)
45.1 x 45.1 x 51.4 cm
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Max (RMS) Output Power (Total)
30dB @ 30Hz, 122dB @ 20Hz, 112dB @ 15Hz 1/8 space, 1M (2 enclosures side-by-side per THX Ultra2)
Speaker System Details
- 12" (30.5cm) front firing
- Cerametallic cone
- Cast aluminum frame driver with a 240oz ceramic magnet structure
- Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
- Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
Bass-reflex via front-firing slot port