Kanto YU5 Powered Bookshelf Speakers - Pair
The YU5 is Kanto's top-of-the-line YU-series bookshelf speaker. Armed with Optical TOSLINK, Bluetooth™ 4.0 with aptX® for wireless streaming, RCA and 3.5mm AUX inputs, the YU5 is ready to unleash your favorite music no matter what source you use. Outputting 40W RMS per side via its powerful Class D amp, it delivers crystal-clear sound through its 5.25” Kevlar® woofers and 1” silk dome tweeters. Proudly designed in Canada, the YU5 is enclosed in hand-built acoustic MDF cabinets.
The 5.25” Kevlar® drivers provide distortion-free mid-range and deep bass that faithfully reproduces your favorite music.
SILK DOME TWEETERS
YU5 features 1” silk dome tweeters to deliver clear crisp highs.
YU5’s simple user interface features a single knob positioned in the upper right corner of the Active speaker. Simply rotate for volume, push the knob in to cycle through the 5 inputs, or push and hold for 2 seconds to enter or exit standby mode.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
YU5 features five input choices, including two Optical TOSLINK ports and Bluetooth™. If you are looking for more low-end, connect a powered subwoofer to the SUB OUT port.
KNURLED BINDING POSTS
The speaker connection from Active (LEFT) to Passive (RIGHT) uses high quality knurled binding posts. This standardized wiring system allows you to trim the included premium speaker wire to the desired length or purchase longer lengths for more versatility.
REAR BASS PORT
YU5 has a 2” rear bass port that has been carefully designed and tuned to eliminate port turbulence while extending bass response.
The YU5 remote control gives you input, volume, and tone control, and allows you to control your connected Bluetooth™ device. You can also trigger USB charging when the speakers are in standby mode.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
YU5 comes complete with a remote control (with batteries), power cord, speaker wire and an RCA – mini-jack adapter that you can use to adapt for either input. The package also includes a manual and rubber feet.
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity 2.83V (/1W/1m): 87 dB
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.3%
- Crossover System: 2-way
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0 kHz
- Inputs: 1 x 3.5mm mini-jack AUX, 1 x RCA L/R, 2 x Optical (TOSLINK), 1 x Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX
- Outputs: 1 x Subwoofer, 1 x USB Charge 5V 1.0A
- Speaker Terminals: Left and Right Binding Posts
- Input Voltage / Frequency: 100V – 240V 50/60 Hz universal power supply
- Input Sensitivity: 550 mV
17.5 x 21.5 x 27.2 cm (each speaker)
- Delivering 40W RMS in a beautifully enclosed cabinet designed in Canada.
- Featuring 5.25" Kevlar drivers for distortion free mid-range and deep bass.
- With an interface so simple you can control it with a single control knob.
- Armed with Optical TOSLINK, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, RCA and 3.5mm auxillary inputs.
- Includes full featured remote control.
- One year exchange warranty.
1 year exchange warranty
- Power Output: 40 Watts RMS per channel
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5 W
Remote control included
Speaker System Details
- Tweeters: 1 inch Silk Dome
- Woofers: 5.25 inch Kevlar
- Net Weight (active): 4.3kg
- Net Weight (passive): 3.5kg
- Gross Weight (boxed pair): 10.2kg