Refined GPS Timepieces for the Athlete Adventurer in You
- Premium multi-sport watch with durable metal housing and a high-strength, scratch-resistant sapphire lens
- Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist, giving you the option to monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap
- 1.2-inch always-on, sunlight-readable color Garmin Chroma Display™
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and barometric altimeter with 3-axis compass
- Receive smart notifications like emails, texts, alerts and more
- Battery life: up to 13 hours in GPS training mode; up to 1 week in watch mode (depending on settings)
Elegant Style Meets Robust Performance
Each watch features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception, smart capabilities, rich materials and styling plus outdoor/training feature sets that differentiate them from other luxury watches on the market. The sapphire lens offers superior hardness and scratch resistance. Plus, the bright, extra-crisp, full-color Garmin Chroma Display features LED backlighting for great visibility in all lighting conditions. Water-rated to 100 meters, each fenix Chronos model has a battery life of up to 25 hours in UltraTrac™ mode, 13 hours in GPS mode and up to 1 week in smartwatch mode (all depending on settings). Access to the Connect IQTM store allows customization of watch faces and data fields and provides downloadable widgets and apps.
Wrist-based Heart Rate
On your wrist, fenix Chronos’ Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
Smart notifications through the fenix Chronos watch let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch — whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. The watch receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone² and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Other connected features include automatic upload to our free Garmin Connect™ online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications.
Advanced Fitness Metrics
Every fenix Chronos watch is packed with sophisticated training features to help monitor your form and fitness. The VO2 max estimator crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability, to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check plus a race predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics. When used with a chest heart rate monitor (like HRM-RunTM, HRM-TriTM or HRM-SwimTM), fenix Chronos reports the following data:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
Physiological metrics measure your heart rate to provide:
- Stress score: fenix Chronos measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100; low scores indicate lower stress levels.
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fenix Chronos compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fenix Chronos estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.
Swim Profile, Ski/Board Mode, Rowing and Golf
Beyond its running functions, fenix Chronos offers special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim™ watch, fenix Chronos tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just enter the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. You can even use your fenix Chronos as a glove-friendly remote for wireless control of VIRB® action cameras and/or music from your phone.
Navigate Your Way
fenix Chronos provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. There’s also a TracBack® feature to help you navigate back to your starting point the same way you came. Plus, built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes. A GPS track log in the watch creates a “bread crumb trail” as you move. This also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fenix Chronos, you can create and follow courses as well.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
fenix Chronos comes equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant, real-time situational information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you’re moving or not. fenix Chronos auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe™ external temperature sensor.