- Lubricates: lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts.
- Removes: gets under grease, grime, and gunk. WD-40 non-aerosol formulas also dissolve adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers, and excess bonding material.
- Protects: protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.
- Penetrates: loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
- Displaces Moisture: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.