By Bridgette Leeson, Product Specialist - Originally posted on MyVega.com
Quick and easy, these vegan protein balls are perfect when the 3PM growlies strike. Make them Sunday night, and enjoy throughout the week. Tip: Use this recipe as a base and experiment with adding your favorite dried fruit, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.
Makes 12 protein balls
- 1 serving Vega One French Vanilla
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, or cashew)
- 1/2 cup ground chia seeds (or oats)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: maple syrup, or agave nectar to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and roll into balls. If the mixture feels too dry, add a teaspoon of water and adjust until you reach a rollable dough-like consistency.
- Store balls in an air tight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Bridgette Leeson - A Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN), Certified Raw Foods Chef and Vega Product Specialist, Bridgette is passionate about making food fun and accessible. She believes what we eat has a huge impact on how we feel and whole heartedly supports a holistic approach to nutrition. Experimenting in the kitchen, sharing new recipes and enjoying new culinary experiences with friends is what she’s all about. Fun fact: Bridgette is always seeking out fun ways to stay active—trying out everything from circus school to testing out her indoor cycling teacher abilities.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipes