By Sarah Skalzub, RHN - Originally posted on MyVega.com
Your breakfast just got a whole lot more interesting with this quick and easy Vanilla Protein Granola. Top off your fresh fruit, smoothie bowl, coconut ice cream with it, or just add almond milk to your homemade granola and enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega® Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds or flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 chopped dark chocolate bar (at least 70% cocoa, such as Vega Maca Chocolate Bar)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate bar in a large bowl and mix together, so that the coconut oil sticks to all of the dry ingredients.
- Line one small baking sheet with parchment paper and press granola into the pan in one even layer.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- While granola is baking, chop up the chocolate bar.
- After 15 minutes, take granola out of oven and flip over in large pieces.
- Place back into oven for another 8-10 minutes or until your granola starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, break into chunks and add in chopped chocolate and store in an airtight container.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipes