Expected Availability: September 7, 2016
- Wirelessly control up to 15 flash units in up to 5 groups
- Remotely control shooting mode, flash ratio and exposure comp.
- Trigger multiple flashes or cameras as far as 98’ away
- Capture multiple angles by controlling up to 15 cameras at once
- Sync Terminals on Commander and Receiver for studio strobes
- Overcome infrared limitations of obstacles and bright sunlight
- High-Speed Sync (HSS) shooting speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Dust and moisture resistant design
Wireless Radio Control
Create a radio-controlled wireless flash control system by pairing a Radio Control Wireless Commander (FA-WRC1M) attached to a camera with a Radio Control Wireless Receiver (FA-WRR1) attached to a flash. This allows you to wirelessly control up to 15 flash units1 in up to 5 groups as far as 98’ away. Compatible with flash sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. for and up to 1/8000 sec. in High-Speed Sync (HSS) shooting mode.
Command and control at your fingertips
Conveniently change flash settings for each flash or group by remotely controlling shooting mode, flash ratio and exposure compensation – all from the FA-WRC1M Radio Control Wireless Commander attached to the camera. TTL Mode Flash level is set automatically based on a value metered by the camera. Flash ratio can be set for each of 3 groups (A/B/C). Manual Mode Flash level can be manually set for each of 3 groups (A/B/C). Group Flash mode is set for each of 5 groups (A/B/C/D/E). Groups A-C can be set to [TTL] or [MANUAL] mode; groups D and E to [MANUAL] only.
Get every angle
Capture multiple angles by controlling remote shutter release on multiple cameras. With the Radio Control Wireless Commander (FA-WRC1M) mounted to the control camera and synchronized with up to 15 cameras connected to Radio Control Wireless Receivers (FA-WRR1) and dedicated Multi Terminal Connecting Cable (VMC-MM1) you can get multiple angles without the need for multiple camera operators.
Sync in Studio
Sync Terminals on the Radio Control Wireless Commander (FA-WRC1M) and Radio Control Wireless Receivers (FA-WRR1) can be connected to large studio monoblocks or flash heads. Studio flashes can be either triggered by the Receiver connected via an optional PC sync cord that receives a wireless signal from the Commander or by the Commander connected via PC sync cord.
Overcome infrared limitations
Wireless Radio Control shines even in scenes where infrared communication is difficult. The wireless 2.4 GHz RF transmission radio control system gives you the ability to shoot scenes with distant locations where you need to control the light on your subject from as far as 98’ or in strong sunlight where the sun washes out or objects block infrared ability and when objects block an infra-red signal from an IR flash system.
Dust and moisture resistant design
Dust and moisture resistant design ensures that your flash system is as rugged as the conditions you’re shooting in.
two AA-size alkaline or NiMH batteries
58.0 x 83.7 x 65.8 mm
- Up to 30 m (98.4 ft) radio wireless range for reliable and precise control in any setting
- Controls up to 15 compatible flash units, and 5 groups, using wireless receivers
- Three exposure controls with convenient TTL (through-the-lens) metering, manual and group modes
- Built-in Sync Terminal
- Remote control multi-camera shutter release with FA-WRR1 wireless receivers and multi-terminal cables
93g / 3.3oz. (excluding batteries)