Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Lens - Black - SEL85F14GM
Estimated delivery times range between 1-3 weeks.
- Full-frame G Master telephoto prime lens
- Designed as the ultimate portrait lens for professional photographers
- XA (extreme aspherical) elements with 0.01 micron surface precision
- Constant F1.4 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- Natural, lifelike defocused bokeh from XA elements
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor) for fast, quiet and precise focusing
- Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Super ED glass w/ multi?coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via a AM/MF switch
- Internal Focus maintains lens dimensions while changing focus
- Convenient Zoom lock and Hook lock
- Perfect for high-resolution a7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras
- Dedicated aperture ring
A transcendent F1.4 portrait lens
Portrait performance reaches a new pinnacle with astonishing resolution plus bokeh of unmatched beauty. This 85mm F1.4 portrait lens renders infocus areas with unequalled resolution while the background dissolves into the smoothest, lushest bokeh imaginable. All of this is by design, supported
by manufacturing and testing technology that only Sony can provide, for new dimensions of photographic and cinematographic expression.
Performance in the service of art
This lens’s nonpareil combination of resolution and bokeh is partly due to a new XA (extreme aspherical) element with unprecedented surface precision. Aberration is effectively suppressed while overwhelming resolution delivers striking detail at all focusing distances, even at the widest F1.4 aperture. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements additionally control axial chromatic aberration.
Lush, expressive bokeh
Complementing the performance of the XA element are the first 11-blade circular aperture ever implemented in an alpha lens, and exacting spherical aberration adjustment for each individual lens. The result is enchantingly soft-edged bokeh that is a hallmark of the Sony G Master series.
Precision AF ensures optimum resolution
Focus precision is vital when working with high-resolution images and a narrow depth of field. A ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) yields the power and precision necessary to accurately and swiftly position one of the heaviest focusing groups in any interchangeable lens for mirrorless cameras, and a new multi-sensor system plus high-speed data processing provides the instantaneous feedback required for flawless autofocus precision.
Ready for any environment
An on-lens aperture ring features click stop on/off switching to satisfy still photographers as well as moviemakers. Additional convenience is provided by AF/MF focus mode and hood lock buttons. Seals at the mount and control points ensure maximum dust and moisture resistance for reliable operation in the widest possible range of environments.