- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag.
- Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision
- XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Min. focus breathing and parfocal design ideal for video
- Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
- Contestant lens length during focusing and zooming
- High performance Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppress reflections, flare and ghosting
- XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision
- Super ED glass w/ multi?coating reduces chromatic aberration
- Convenient rotating and quick release removable tripod mount
An F2.8 telephoto zoom like no other
G Master design and technology in a new constant F2.8 telephoto zoom that offers unsurpassed rendering, blazing AF, and extraordinary image stabilization performance.
Extraordinary detail and bokeh in one lens
G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth Bokeh in one lens. It is not easy to achieve spatial frequency of 50 lines pairs per millimeter at a lens's widest aperture and produce smooth beautiful bokeh at the same time, but that is Sony's baseline for G Master design. Unprecedented resolution and other demanding design parameters yield outstanding reproduction of the most detailed subjects and scenes with superior contrast throughout every frame. G Master resolution is simply the highest in its class.
Constant F2.8 max aperture
Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field regardless of the focal range you choose to zoom to. When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the areas out of the focal plane appear blurred. This ‘bokeh’ effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens.
Class-leading close-up performance
Class-leading close-up performance with a minimum focusing distance of 37.8” and 0.25x maximum magnification is ideal for portraits, telephoto macro, and more. Contributing refinements include ED glass elements and a floating focus mechanism to control aberration that can be problematic in close-up applications.
ED and Super ED glass reduces flare and ghosting
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and Super ED glass elements take axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration due to differences in magnification out of the picture, maximizing resolution and bokeh while leaving precisely rendered edges with no fringing or unnatural coloration.
High performance Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization
High-performance image stabilization is built right into the lens for sharp, blur-free images with a wide range of subjects. The heavy stabilization lens is driven by a linear motor for fast, precise stabilization. 5-axis image stabilization becomes available when used with ? series bodies that feature built-in image stabilization. To provide the greatest possible benefit from the built-in image stabilization system in the widest range of shooting situations, the features switchable MODE 2 stabilization allows image stabilization to be used with panned shots for greater clarity and impact.
Removable rotating tripod mount
This versatile lens tripod mount allows the camera to be quickly removed from the tripod in shooting situations that require a rapid handheld response. It also features a revolving mechanism that allows quick changeover between landscape and portrait orientation. A lock mechanism prevents accidental detachment.
E-mount 35mm Full Frame , E-mount APS-C cameras
86mm x 200mm (dia. x length) / 3.5" x 7.88" (dia. X length)
18 groups, 23 elements
Max View Angle
Angle of view (APS-C): 23°-8°
Angle of view (35mm): 34°-12°30'
Minimum Focus Range