- 50mm wide aperture Prime lens with ZEISS® Planar design
- Center to corner sharpness with outstanding resolution
- Bright F1.4 maximum aperture with excellent low light performance
- 12 Elements in 9 Groups with Advanced Aspheric and ED glass
- ZEISS® T* coating delivers superior contrast and resolution
- 11-blade aperture and aspheric elements for gorgeous bokeh
- 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh
- 11-blade aperture and aspheric elements for smoothly defocused backgrounds
- Ring Drive SSM for fast, quiet and precise focusing
- Aperture ring with a selectable click ON/OFF switch
- AF/MF switch for direct auto/manual focus control
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
A fast, sharp, 50mm F1.4 prime lens
This high-performance ZEISS® 50mm prime lens features a large F1.4 maximum aperture as well as spectacular contrast and resolution throughout every image. The large aperture makes it easier to shoot in low light and, in combination with an 11-blade aperture design, can produce gorgeous bokeh. Other benefits include fast, precise focus and versatile control for stills and movies.
Breathtaking resolution and contrast
Two aspherical elements, including one AA (advanced aspherical) element, plus ED glass elements maintain high resolution and contrast at all apertures, from corner to corner
F1.4 for versatility and beautiful bokeh
F1.4 and an 11-blade circular aperture can create images with beautiful bokeh, while also making it possible to shoot at high shutter speeds in low light.
Autofocus that supports high resolution
A ring drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) system positions the lens’s heavy focus group with speed and precision, bringing out the best in high-resolution camera bodies.
Convenient fingertip control
A physical aperture ring allows intuitive aperture control. An aperture click switch makes it possible to enable or disable the aperture ring click stops as required. Moviemakers will want the clicks OFF, while photographers often prefer tactile click feedback. There’s also a focus mode switch for convenient manual/autofocus selection.
83.5mm x 108mm (dia. x length) / 3.38" x 4.38" (dia. x length)