Masterpass customers save $25 off of orders of $100 or more.* Details *Offer available from August 16, 2017 to September 16, 2017 at 11:59PM PST. Open to Canadian residents only. $25 discount automatically applied upon check out using Masterpass as the payment method. Valid online only at londondrugs.com and m.londondrugs.com using Masterpass on minimum purchases of $100 within a single transaction, before taxes and shipping charges. No cash/credit back for $25 discount. Gift card purchases are not eligible for this offer. Any refunds for product returns will be based on amount paid after discount. London Drugs reserves right not to proceed with any transaction and to terminate offer at any time without prior notice. Masterpass is a trademark of Mastercard Int., and used under license.
- Full-frame G Master standard zoom lens
- Designed to achieve 50 line pairs/mm resolving power
- XA (extreme aspherical) elements with 0.01 micron surface precision
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- Natural, lifelike defocused bokeh from XA elements
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for fast, quiet and precise focusing
- Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Super ED glass w/ multi?coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via a AM/MF switch
- Internal Focus maintains lens dimensions while changing focus
- Convenient Zoom lock and Hook lock
- Perfect for high-resolution a7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras
Groundbreaking resolution in an F2.8 standard zoom
This large-aperture standard zoom lens takes the lead in an age when high-resolution camera bodies are evolving at an astonishing pace. Designed to resolve the highest possible spatial frequencies, the SEL2470GM achieves astonishing resolution from corner to corner across its entire zoom range. Whether you shoot stills or movies, prepare for a totally new level of lens performance that is the exclusive realm of Sony’s G Master series.
Designed to push the limits of resolution
Three aspherical elements, including one newly developed XA (extreme aspherical) element with superior surface precision, effectively eliminate astigmatism and field curvature. Sagittal coma is also thoroughly suppressed for extraordinary sharpness even at the widest aperture. Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology minimizes flare and ghosting, for dynamic range that achieves lifelike detail and gradation with advanced camera sensors. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and Super ED glass elements take axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration due to differences in magnification out of the picture, leaving precisely rendered edges with no fringing or unnatural coloration. All of this works in harmony with the XA element and a 9-blade circular aperture to create gorgeous bokeh too.
Fast, precise AF supports stunning lens performance
High-resolution camera bodies demand absolute focus precision. The Direct Drive SSM focus system is more than up to the task for both stills and movies. DDSM has the capability to position the large, heavy optical assemblies required by large-aperture lenses with pinpoint precision, offering advantages for manual focus as well as autofocus. Manual focus response is also natural and intuitive.
Pro grade control and reliability
Sony’s standard lens sealing is augmented by a lens mount seal that maximizes resistance to dust and moisture for reliable operation in challenging environmental conditions. Additional details like rubberized rings that are easy to operate in low temperatures, a zoom lock that prevents unwanted lens extension during transport, and a hood lock button, all add up to professional control and convenience.
13 groups, 18 elements
Minimum Focus Range