- A perfect match for a7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras
- 10x magnification with a wide 24mm to super telephoto 240mm
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for handheld shooting
- Corner to corner sharpness from 5 Aspherical elements
- ED glass element reduces flare and ghosting
- Great for travel this lens covers a huge variety of shooting situations
- Perfect for landscapes, architecture, snapshots, portraits, and much more
- Handheld photography is possible with built in Optical SteadyShot
- Dust and moisture resistant for reliable operation in many conditions
- Compatible with all E and FE mount Sony Cameras
12 groups, 17 elements
Max View Angle
61° - 6°50' (APSC) 84° - 10° (35mm)
Minimum Focus Range
Sony FE 24-240mm OSS Telephoto Zoom Lens - SEL24240 is rated out of 5 by 10.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Marcus67 from Good zoom range lens Excellent zoom range and very good picture quality. Not excellent, but very good. Build quality superb. The only minus "is big and heavy"...
Date published: 2017-07-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by AFREEMAN from Way Better than Expected! I'm Very Impressed! This was the first lens I bought for the A7RII when I switched over from Nikon June of 2016. I was amazed how sharp and how fast the focus was. It got even faster after the software was updated on the camera. I have seen some youtube reviews of this lens where they try and talk down it's abilities due to the fact it's not a 2.8 lens throughout the zoom like on the G Master zoom lens. Don't listen to this as this lens performs fantastically! Well worth every penny! You will use this on every trip you take where you don't want to keep swapping lenses! Also I shot in the rain, at night, holding an umbrella, at DisneyWorld during the fireworks at a 1/50th of a sec, 6400 ISO and the shots were excellent! Get this lens! (OK, it is a bit heavy but you won't miss the shot!)
Date published: 2017-06-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great All-Around Lens After soaking my and frying my NEX-5, and selling my Nikon stuff, I decided that the a7 was the choice for me. A quick stint with the kit lens left me disappointed, a new lens was needed. The 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS immediately caught my eye. I love the extreme versatility of the lens, and the 10x zoom makes it great at tackling all types of challenges. I use it form sports to astrophotography, and everything in between. The only downfall is the weight, but I only really notice it after a full day of shooting, so nothing that hinders the lens too much. It was my only lens for about 1.5 years, and even now, with two other lenses in my kit, it still likely spends the most time on my camera than any of the other two. If your looking for one lens to cover all bases, this it the one for you.
Date published: 2017-05-26