Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Camera RX10 III - DCSRX10M3
Estimated delivery times range between 1-3 weeks.
Notice: Delivery times may vary for this product. For more information, please see our camera department staff in any London Drugs store or contact us online at firstname.lastname@example.org for real time inventory information or assistance in suggesting similar products.
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T 24-600mm F2.4 - 4 large-aperture high-magnification zoom lens
- Approx. 20.1 effective-megapixel 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
- BIONZ XTM image processing engine
- 4K movie recording and various movie functions
- Ultra telephoto super slow motion at up to 960fps
- Fast Intelligent AF achieves 0.09-sec. fast autofocus
Integrating higher range, resolution and refinement
Introducing the large-diameter ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T 24-600mm F2.4-4 lens
The standard of Sony’s RX series innovation gains luster with an astonishing 24-600mm (35mm equivalent) (25x) zoom range in a bright F2.4-4 lens that can take full advantage of the 1.0-type large image sensor. See subjects stand out beautifully in all kinds of scenes from wide-angle landscapes to ultra-telephoto sports action.
Superior corner-to-corner image sharpness across the zoom range
Eight ED glass elements including two ED aspherical and one Super ED lenses compensate for the chromatic aberration that could otherwise be apparent in telephoto shots, and ZEISS® T Coating helps reduce flare and ghosting, achieving high contrast plus sharp image quality throughout the zoom range. An advanced aspherical (AA) lens enhances reproduction of detail and keeps the large-aperture lens as compact as possible.
Nine-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh
The aperture unit’s nine blades are designed to create a nearly perfect circle throughout the aperture range of F2.4 to F11 normally used. This creates beautiful bokeh, for background defocus that amplifies dimensionality and ensures that point light sources appear as circles in images.
Macro shooting as close as 3cm from the subject
The RX10 III’s advanced macro shooting capability lets you take a great shot with the camera as close as 3cm at 0.42x magnification (at the wide end) or 72cm at 0.49x magnification (at the telephoto end) away from the subject. Camera focus can also be set from infinity to close-up without having to switch to macro mode.
Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with 4.5-stop faster shutter effect
Optical image stabilization technology developed exclusively by Sony is valuable for hand-held still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the ultra-telephoto end of the zoom range up to 600mm (35mm equivalent). This system is equivalent to a 4.5-stop-faster shutter speed, and prevents camera blur to ensure smooth, stable framing and shooting. (CIPA-standard, pitch/yaw directions, at 600mm focal length [tele-end].)
Sony’s innovations dedicated to imaging
Approx. 20.1 effective megapixel 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip for stunning image quality
This CMOS sensor is back-illuminated to enhance light collection efficiency and reduces noise in shots at up to ISO 12800. Processing and pixel circuit sections are stacked separately for more speedy, extensive signal processing. A DRAM memory chip attached on the back boosts signal capacity and readout speed to support super slow motion recording, Anti-Distortion Shutter and other functions.
BIONZ X high-speed image processing engine maximizes lens and sensor performance
Packing unrivaled power for faithful reproduction of texture and fine detail, the BIONZ X image processing engine handles high volumes of data from the approx. 20.1 effective megapixels of the 1.0-type stacked image sensor with performance-boosting speed and precision. This image processor also enhances detail reproduction, reduces diffraction, maintains clarity even at smaller aperture settings, and reduces noise according to image area characteristics.
A revolution in imaging with blazing speed and extended zoom
The rolling shutter phenomenon distorts images of fastmoving subjects. But the RX10 III can suppress it when shooting at up to 1/32000 sec. shutter speed, ensuring that you can capture sharp, undistorted images of sports such as tennis.
The RX10 III’s electronic shutter can operate silently, allowing you to mute shutter sound whenever noiseless operation is required, such as when shooting wildlife or concert photos.
High-speed continuous shooting up to 14fps
Despite its high pixel count of over 20 megapixels, the camera features accelerated readout for continuous shooting up to 14fps with reduced blackout. This allows for decisive moments of subjects in motion to be captured entirely, without missing even a little action.
Professional-caliber 4K and super slow motion movies
Open your eyes to movies of unrivalled resolution and refinement
Full pixel readout without pixel binning collects approx. 1.7 times as much information as is required for 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) movie output. This oversampling effect enhances image detail as it minimizes moiré and jaggies. A high-speed front-end LSI helps the BIONZ X image processing engine reduce image skew, smear and wobble (resulting from rolling shutter phenomenon) that can otherwise distort how fast-moving subjects look in 4K movies. High-bit-rate (up to 100Mbps) XAVC S format ensures high-quality movies with minimal noise from compression. (A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required for movie recording in XAVC S format. UHS-I (U3) SDHC/SDXC card is required for 100Mbps recording.)
Movie functions that support professional workflow
The RX10 III supports various movie functions typically found on devices for professional use, including Picture Profile, S-Gamut/S-Log2, clean HDMI output, Time code / User bit, REC Control, Dual Rec, Marker, plus newly added Gamma Display Assist and enhanced Zebra functions.
Super slow motion up close and personal up to 960fps
The stacked CMOS sensor enables shooting at an extrahigh frame rate up to 960fps (40x) (In NTSC mode. 1000fps in PAL mode.) high-speed shooting of exceptionally clear, smooth close-up action, all the way up the ultra-telephoto range, at sports events, etc. So the camera can capture great close-ups of faraway players on fields in arenas in super slow motion detail. (Sound cannot be recorded in super slow motion. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required.)
Put your imagination and intuition instantly into play
Quick, precise autofocusing up to 0.09 sec fast
Along with great zoom range coverage up to 600mm, the RX10 III features 0.09-sec. high-speed AF (For stills. CIPA standard, internal measurement, at 24mm (Wide-end), EV8.2, Program Auto, AF area: Center, with NTSC mode.). By assessing the subject even before the shutter button is pressed halfway, the system’s subject detection algorithm accurately predicts the proper point of focus letting users capture decisive moments of sports and other events. Smooth, accurate focus is effective in shooting 4K movies, for which accurate focus is especially crucial, as well as stills.
Optimize operation all around
XGA OLED Tru-FinderTM for excellent view
This OLED stunning 2.35-milliondot resolution and capability to reproduce minute details, subtle contrast and true black color let you view exactly what you’re aiming for.
Triple manual lens rings and Aperture Click Switch for smooth operation
Rings for focus, zoom and aperture around the lens can be smoothly operated. For convenient shooting, you can turn Aperture Click Switch on for stepwise clicks of assurance, or off for a quiet, smooth feel when setting the aperture.
Tiltable LCD / Top display panel for your convenience
The high-visibility LCD tilts up to approximately 107° upward and 42° downward, so it’s easy to monitor the shot from various positions that you shoot from. For other shooting situations employing a viewfinder, a display panel on top of the camera makes it easy to check key settings at a glance without moving the camera.
If you lose track of the subject during framing, pressing a custom button to activate this function triggers an automatic zoom-out to help in finding the subject again quickly, especially when framing a shot with the ultratelephoto end of the lens.
Wi-Fi / NFCTM / QR code
With one-touch remote, a smartphone or tablet functions as a viewfinder/remote control. One-touch sharing transfers photos/videos to the device. Just install a PlayMemories MobileTM app via Wi-Fi to an NFC-enabled Android device, then touch the device to the camera to connect them. The camera also introduces QR code compatibility for easy connection with non-NFC smartphones.
Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps™ (PMCA)
Enjoy a camera that gains functionality with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps for remote control, picture and video effects, and much more. Installation is simple using your PC or the camera’s own Wi-Fi connection. See all the apps at https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com
Capture One Express (for Sony)
Take advantage of this RAW converter that you can download for free from Phase One. Not only is it great for rendering colors and details with incredible precision — it also features flexible digital asset management, all essential adjustment tools, and fast, responsive performance in one convenient, customizable, integrated solution.
A feast of higher functions
- Step Zoom / Quick Zoom: With Step Zoom, you can simply turn the control ring to select among popular 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 85mm, 100mm, 135mm, 200mm, 300mm, 400mm, 500mm and 600mm focal lengths. Quick Zoom can be set using a custom setting menu to enable zooming operation according to the extent to which the control ring is turned.
- Eye AF: Even when capturing a subject partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field, the face is sharply focused thanks to extremely accurate Eye AF. A green frame appears over the prioritized eye when focus has been achieved.
- Clear Image Zoom: Whether shooting still images or movies, this feature uses proprietary By Pixel Super Resolution Technology to digitally enlarge the center of the image in frame up to 1200mm (50x) — twice the camera’s maximum 25x optical zoom magnification — with nearly imperceptible degradation.
- Extra-fine white balance adjustment: Compared to its predecessor, the RX10 III features twice as many adjustment steps in the A-B axis and four times as many in the G-M axis, for more accurate control of white balance when you adjust color tones according to light conditions or expressive intentions.
- MF Assist and Peaking: These features help you fine-tune focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most infocus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
- Bright monitoring: Enhance the visibility of subjects in dark venues by temporarily increasing the brightness of the image shown on the LCD screen. This is convenient for shooting starry skies on dark nights. Supported by manual focusing only.
- Dual Rec: In this mode, the camera can capture high-quality 17-megapixel still images without pixel binning while recording a movie. With Auto Dual Rec function activated, the camera automatically shoots stills (at your choice of high, standard or low frequency setting) when it detects recognizable types of compositions, including people, as it records a movie. (Cannot be used when record setting is set as follows: RX10 III: 120p/100p (NTSC/PAL) or in 4K recording.)
- Photo Capture: You can select a decisive moment from a movie recording and save it as a picture, in the form of a highly detailed 8-megapixel still image file from a 4K movie. From Full HD footage, you can create a 2-megapixel still image file.
- ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed: Prevent blur in a shot of a moving subject by setting a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing when ISO AUTO (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR) is selected.
- File Name Setting: The camera lets you change the beginning of each file name from “DSC” (by default) to characters of your choice. This simplifies file management, which is especially valuable when working with multiple cameras for various assignments.
- Creative Style: Bring out the character of your scene with any of 13 Creative Style settings. The camera adjusts color and other parameters of movie and still images while letting you manually fine-tune the contrast, saturation (not available when B/W or Sepia mode is selected), and sharpness to achieve the look you desire.
- Remote Camera Control (RCC) via PC: When the camera is connected to a computer via USB port, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer. All you need to do is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.