By Sarah Skalzub, Vega Product Specialist - Originally posted on MyVega.com
If you're looking for a tasty post-workout breakfast to satisfy your protein needs, these make the perfect addition to your fall workout schedule, or thanksgiving morning.
Makes around 12 pancakes
- 1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup Vega Sport Performance Protein Vanilla
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp dried ground ginger (or fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients (flour, Vega Sport Performance Protein, ground walnuts, baking soda, and spices).
- In a separate bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients (almond milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla).
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until fully combined.
- Start making your pancakes! In a heated pan or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and start to cook your pancakes.
Sarah is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer and Product Specialist at Vega. Sarah educates from experience! Drawing on her retail leadership in the natural health industry, her own nutrition consulting, and a personal passion, she equips audiences with tools and inspiration to feel their absolute best from the inside, out. Specializing in sports and fitness recommendations, Sarah is active as a runner, playing soccer or enjoying the Rocky Mountains on her snowboard.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipies