PRE-ORDER: Sony a99 II Body - Black - ILCA99M2
Estimated delivery times range between 1-3 weeks.
Expected Availability: Ships on November 30, 2016
- Up to 12fps at 42.4MP continuous shooting with AE/AF tracking
- World’s first 79 hybrid AF cross-point array for unmatched AF tracking
- 42.4MP full-frame sensor with no low-pass filter up to ISO 102,400
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout in full-frame or super 35
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for full-frame sensor
New A-mount legend
The a99 II delivers the next level in significantly swift high-precision AF, faster continuous shooting, and stunning resolution — the best performance in A-mount.
New AF-tracking rapid continuous shooting: Reveal worlds unknown.
Experience ingenuity perfected through Sony's latest camera innovations: newly developed high-speed high-precision Hybrid Phase Detection AF, AF/AE tracking in 12fps continuous shooting, body-integrated 5-axis image stabilization and advanced 4K movie functions.
Sony's translucent mirror realizes proprietary AF system
Translucent Mirror Technology enables the Hybrid Phase Detection AF System consisting of two AF sensors. The dedicated 79-point AF sensor provides high-precision focusing and depth detection, while the 399-point focal-plane AF sensor on the image sensor supplies wider coverage. During continuous shooting at up to 12fps, AF tracking captures motion once nearly invisible to human eyes.
79 Hybrid Cross AF points6 for quick precise focus
79-point Hybrid Cross AF6 effectively captures your subject. While 79 AF points4 of the dedicated phase-detection AF sensor are for horizontal detection, 399 AF points of focal-plane phase-detection AF sensor handle vertical detection. Moreover, the focal-plane phase-detection AF sensor coverage area includes the dedicated phase-detection AF sensor area so 79 superimposed points function as selectable Hybrid Cross AF points.6 Cross measurement reduces influence from the subject pattern, so you have fast, precise focusing for just about any type of subject. Moreover, the very central AF point also functions as an F2.8-sensitive sensor that supports lenses as bright as a minimum F-value of 2.8 or lower.
Stunning high resolution
a99 II features a 35 mm full-frame 42.4-megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor that delivers a high-resolution image while providing high sensitivity, minimized noise and wide dynamic range. Its wide standard ISO range 100-25600 is expandable to even wider ISO 50-102400.
As effective as using 4.5-step faster shutter speed
Shooting should be as steady as possible to minimize the negative effect of camera shake blur. So, a99 II high resolution is optimized with body-integrated 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization, fine-tuned to match its 42.4-megapixel performance. You can zoom in on faraway subjects, shoot close-ups and take night scenes with nearly shake-free clarity in stills and movies.
4K high-resolution movies for A-mount users
Show your imagination in a99 II 4K movie recording, as the back-illuminated full-frame image sensor transforms your vision into reality. You'll achieve expanded expressive power in 4K resolution when shooting in the full-frame 4K format of the sensor. And, you can capture stunning high resolution when shooting in Super 35 mm size frame, due to full pixel readout without pixel binning.
Ample features for greater ease and reliability
You’ll appreciate new ?99 II ergonomics. The redesigned body is 8% smaller than the a99, thanks to the re-examination of the internal layout and the reduced size of the 5-axis image stabilization system. Meticulous attention has been paid to the smallest details, so the new camera provides excellent operability and reliable body rigidity in addition to downsized body dimensions.
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- Battery Charger BC-VM10A
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500H
- Still images: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
- Memory Stick Micro(M2)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- microSD memory card
- microSDHC memory card
- microSDXC memory card
- PAL mode: Still images:1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- NTSC mode: Still images:1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)