By Sarah Skalzub, Vega Product Specialist - Originally posted on MyVega.com
Switch up your average smoothie for this pomegranate smoothie parfait, or serve as dessert at your next dinner party to wow your guests with a healthy but oh-so-tasty dessert.
- 1 serving Vega Protein & Greens Vanilla
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 avocado
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- 1/8 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp vanilla non-dairy yogurt
Optional toppings: chopped almonds, Vega Cocoa Kissed SaviSeeds, cacao nibs
- Blend pomegranate juice, strawberries, avocado and Vega Protein & Greens together in blender
- Pour half of the smoothie in a glass or small glass serving bowl. Layer with toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds. Add another layer of smoothie (finishing it off), top with a dollop of vanilla coconut yogurt and garnish with any leftover pomegranate seeds and or toasted almonds.
Sarah is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer and Product Specialist at Vega. Sarah educates from experience! Drawing on her retail leadership in the natural health industry, her own nutrition consulting, and a personal passion, she equips audiences with tools and inspiration to feel their absolute best from the inside, out. Specializing in sports and fitness recommendations, Sarah is active as a runner, playing soccer or enjoying the Rocky Mountains on her snowboard.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipies