Pomegranate Smoothie Parfait
By Sarah Skalzub, Vega Product Specialist
Originally posted on MyVega.com
Switch up your average smoothie for this pomegranate smoothie parfait, or serve as dessert at your next dinner party to wow your guests with a healthy but oh-so-tasty dessert.
- 1 serving Vega Protein & Greens Vanilla
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 avocado
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- 1/8 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp vanilla non-dairy yogurt
Optional toppings: chopped almonds, Vega Cocoa Kissed SaviSeeds, cacao nibs
- Blend pomegranate juice, strawberries, avocado and Vega Protein & Greens together in blender
- Pour half of the smoothie in a glass or small glass serving bowl. Layer with toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds. Add another layer of smoothie (finishing it off), top with a dollop of vanilla coconut yogurt and garnish with any leftover pomegranate seeds and or toasted almonds.
Sarah is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer and Product Specialist at Vega. Sarah educates from experience! Drawing on her retail leadership in the natural health industry, her own nutrition consulting, and a personal passion, she equips audiences with tools and inspiration to feel their absolute best from the inside, out. Specializing in sports and fitness recommendations, Sarah is active as a runner, playing soccer or enjoying the Rocky Mountains on her snowboard.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle-without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.com