OverviewThe new NIKKOR AF-S DX 55-300mm VR II is the ideal lens for family picture-takers and photo enthusiasts.
The AF-S DX 55-300mm VR II brings the benefits of longer focal lengths into range when capturing distant subjects, perfect for sporting events and nature walks. Additional features include a Tripod Detection Mode that allows users to keep VR image stabilization activated and automatically compensates for minute vibrations when mounted on a tripod.
Additionally, a High Refractive Index (HRI) Lens Element is implemented to keep the lens compact while offering high contrast even at maximum aperture. The optical construction consists of two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements that effectively minimize chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
AF with built-in SWM and Manual focus
17 elements in 11 groups
Nikon AF-S Lens
5 year Canadian warranty
Max View Angle
28°50' - 5°20'
Minimum Focus Range
• 55-300mm focal length (35mm equiv: 82.5-450mm)
• Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system
• Two ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass elements and one HRI (High Refractive Index) element
• SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus
• Weather-sealed mount protects the lens from dust or water