- 1 3/4 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 cups of water
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Squeeze lemons to yield 1 1/2 cups of juice. Remove the seeds, but keep the pulp. In a pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups of water.
IDEAS TO GET STARTED
- Start a website for your new business selling hand-crafted lemonade
- Create a Twitter account where customers tweet at you for bicycle deliver lemonade
- Write custom, inspiring messages or art pieces on each cup you sell
- Use Instagram to send pictures of your location and get customers on the hunt
- Recruit some friends and set-up shop in neighbourhoods to sell to thirsty customers
What do you do when life gives you lemons? Change the world!
Together, we have the power to change the world and it starts with just one person. London Drugs wants to help you become a change agent and build a better future.
At London Drugs, we believe that change can start with one person, YOU! As part of that ethos, we are proud partners of We Day: a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities. Together, with your participation, we can create transformative social change.
Join Lemonade for Change! Youth (ages 10-18) are tasked to re-think the traditional lemonade stand. Channel the entrepreneur in you, get creative, use your social media powers, grow your business, and then give back to your local community.
Get creative with your lemonade stand and sell your product this summer through to August 31st. Share your Lemonade for Change business on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #lemonadeforchange and you’ll be entered to win weekly prizes, plus you’ll also be entered to win our grand prize!
We urge you to donate money raised from your business to relief efforts in your community via our partner, Canadian Red Cross. Every penny makes a difference! To donate, visit redcross.ca/lemonadeforchange.
As a thank you for being awesome and changing lives, London Drugs will give away runner up prizes of tickets for two to We Day Alberta or We Day Vancouver where you can celebrate with other game changers from around the world. Runner up prizes will be drawn along with the grand prize on Wednesday, September 7th!
Our grand prize is an Entrepreneurial Prize Pack, including:
- Certified Data HandyTab 10-inch Tablet
- Tucano Finatex Shoulder Case
- Epson Workforce All-in-One Printer
- Netgear Nighthawk Router
- Two tickets to We Day
- $100 London Drugs Gift Card
Goodluck and stay tuned for the prize draws September 7!
Lemonade for Change kicks off on June 25!
Follow our Lemonade for Change journey online: