- New titanium tweeter reduces distortion to levels never before attainable.
- 8" Cerametallic bass drivers deliver maximum impact and bass extension.
- Behind a magnetic grille, the anti-diffraction baffle reduces reflections.
- New Tractrix bass ports allow smooth air transfer for clean powerful bass.
- Non-resonant MDF cabinets, vinyl finish.
- Five year parts and labour warranty.
The Reference Premiere RP-280F floorstanding speaker is the largest in the Reference Premiere family, producing cinematic sound from two 8" Cerametallic™ woofers and a Hybrid Tractrix® Horn. It can fill a larger room with theater-quality sound with minimal effort - immersing you in the ultimate listening experience.
90x90 HYBRID TRACTRIX HORN
Redesigned Tactrix® Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
LINEAR TRAVEL SUSPENSION (LTS) TITANIUM TWEETER
A Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS Tweeters have been a hallmark of previous Reference lines, as well as the flagship Klipsch Palladium series, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.
SPUN COPPER CERAMETALLIC WOOFERS
Cerametallic woofers represent the pinnacle of Klipsch driver design, maintaining exceptional rigidity, and lightweight construction, for minimal cone breakup and distortion. When paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter, it provides speaker efficiency highest in its class.
ALL NEW TRACTRIX PORT
Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Reference Premiere ports allows for the most efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet – for the cleanest, most powerful low frequency response on the market.
MDF CABINET WITH BRUSHED POLYMER VENEER BAFFLE FINISH
Contemporary aesthetic with absolute durability that results in a seamless integration into any décor.
STRONG, FLEXIBLE, REMOVABLE GRILLE
Attaches magnetically for an elegant transition from powerful showstopper to discrete performance piece.
Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
26.8 x 46.5 x 109.4 cm
8 Ohms Compatible
5 year parts & labour warranty
Power Handling (Cont/Peak): 150/600
32-25kHz +/- 3dB
98dB @ 2.83V / 1m
Speaker System Details
Crossover Frequency: 1750Hz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix Horn
- Lowe Frequency Driver: Dual 8" Cerametallic Cone Woofers
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port