- Location-Based Installation Prompts: Smoke detecting technology works to detect real fires faster and reduce nuisance alarms - ideal for all living areas
- A Decade of Protection: Sealed lithium battery lasts 10 years, never needs replacing
- Intelligent Photoelectric Smoke Technology Nighthawk Electrochemical CO Sensors detect real fires quickly, reduces nuisance alarms
- Test/Hush Button: single button tests alarm circuitry
- A flashing red light indicator blinks in conjunction with alarm sound, unit error mode and standby condition
The Kidde P3010L-CA is a 10 year, sealed battery, combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm with photoelectric and electrochemical sensing technology and Smart Hush feature. This combination alarm combines the detection capabilities of a photoelectric sensor - which is more likely to detect larger, more visible fire particles associated with smoldering fires - with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm's overall performance and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
For more information please see the links below.