- The world s only satellite communicator with navigation built-in.
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your tracks & navigatation.
- Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter & accelerometer.
- Plan your route online including waypoints & share it with family & friends
- Subscription required through inReach Canada. 1 year exchange warranty.
The inReach Explorer has all of the features of the inReach SE, plus built-in navigation capabilities to get you there and back – every time. And just like the inReach SE, the inReach Explorer is rugged, waterproof and ready for anything you are.
Use inReach Explorer to:
- Create or view routes including distance and bearing information.
- Navigate a route, to a waypoint, or find your way back with a high-detail breadcrumb trail.
- Create or view waypoints to mark key locations such as a campsite or vehicle location.
- Plan your route(s) and waypoints ahead of time using the Explore portal and then share your journey with others to allow them to follow along.
Just like the other inReach devices, you can use Explorer to:
- Send and receive 160-character text messages to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate with our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center to provide and receive critical updates.
- Select your tracking interval, track your progress, and share your GPS location, elevation and speed with others.
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mah capacity at 3.7 v).
- Battery life (sending one track point every 10 minutes): 100 hours with internal lithium polymer battery.
- Recharging options include the standard micro-USB cable with a wall, car or solar charger, or a powered RAM mount accessory.
2.46" x 1.04" x 4.5"