Cooking in a rice cooker
- Remove residue by gently scrubbing under running water 2-3 times.
- Put the rice and water into the rice cooker. Using the rice cooker, there is no need to constantly take out water.
- For the best result, use the recommended water ratio:
- New Rice 1 rice : 1 water
- Medium age rice 1 rice : 1 1/2 water
Cooking by taking water out
No need to measure the water proportion. Add rice and plenty of water into a pot or pan. When the rice is fully cooked, pour out the excess water, then use low heat until the rice is dry.
Using a microwave
- 2 cups rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
Clean the rice and put into a container, add water and close the lid. Set the microwave on high for 10 minutes, then cook at medium high for another 10 minutes.
To soften the rice, add 2-3 drops of lemon juice in the water before cooking. If you don't have a rice cooker, you can still use a pot or frying pan, add rice and water, close the lid and put on high heat until boiling for 1-2 minutes, then reduce the heat and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Lastly, tum the heat down very low and cook for another 10-15 minutes to let the steam further cook the rice and evaporate the rest of the water.
More Recipes >