By Tara Doyle, Art Director - Originally posted on MyVega.com
This is the ultimate fudgy brownie recipe, and you don't even have to tell your friends it's made without gluten, with zucchini, and plant-based protein. We certainly won't!
- 1 serving Vega One™ Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp ground flax
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dutch dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground flax, chopped dates and water in a small bowl and let sit for 1/2 hour.
- In a food processor, shred zucchini until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Grease a 9×9 pan with coconut oil and pour in batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes for moist fudgy brownies, or 25-30 minutes for more cake-like brownies.
- Let cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Author: Tara Doyle
Vega Art Director Tara Doyle is Certified in Plant-Based Cooking and loves experimenting with new dishes in the kitchen, and nourishing her family and friends. A busy mom, Tara is passionate about teaching kids of all ages about healthy eating, and growing and cooking their own food. When not cooking, working, or hanging out with her son, she can be found completing a WOD at CrossFit, shredding powder on her skis, or playing a game of beach volleyball with friends.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipes