By Bridgette Clare, RHN - Originally posted on MyVega.com
What can you do with 5 minutes, a mug and some cinnamon? Make yourself an individual cinnamon roll. Yes, it’s that easy. Since sharing is caring, this recipe can be doubled and divided into two mugs.
- 4 Tbsp gluten-free all purpose or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp granulated coconut sugar (if you can't find it, white sugar may be used)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Optional Vegan Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, Vega powder, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add water, coconut oil and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Sprinkle bottom of mug with 1/3 cinnamon sugar mixture and add 1/2 of your batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Start at 1 1/2 minutes and add 30 sec increments until it's slightly spongy but not doughy. If you doubled the recipe microwave one mug at a time.
- Allow to cool.
- Optional: Top with dollop of vegan cream cheese (or go all out and pipe a swirl of cream cheese icing on top).
Don't have an microwave? Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until desired texture.
Piping: Did you know you don't have to have a pastry bag to pipe? If you want to go all out and pipe a swirl of cream cheese, you can do that with a freezer bag. Simply put icing into a small freezer bag, push to bottom, cut hole in bottom side and pipe out of hole.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.comMore Vega Healthy Recipes