Berry Monkey Bread
By Chef Morgan Shupe
Originally posted on MyVega.com
Make brunch better with this berry good pull-apart monkey bread.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (one that contains xanthan gum)
- 1/2 cup Vega Protein and Greens Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup apple sauce or mashed banana
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Grease a Bundt pan with non-dairy butter or coconut oil.
- Heat milk until warm but not hot (about body temperature). Add in yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine gluten-free flour, Vega® Protein & Greens, baking soda and salt. Mix in melted coconut oil and apple sauce(or mashed banana).
- Pour in yeast mixture and mix with hands. Dough should be thick enough to roll into soft balls. If too thin, add in more flour and if too thick add in a small amount of water. To test density, drop a ball on the counter – it should flatten.
- Add granulated cane sugar on to a cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into approximately 1 inch balls and then roll in sugar. Arrange balls in the bottom of the Bundt pan with frozen berries.
- In a saucepan, melt water and brown sugar over medium heat. Once melted, bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute – watching closely. Pour over the dough balls and berries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before eating.
Morgan Shupe is a Vancouver chef. Her amazingly delicious plant-based recipes for meals and smoothies are well-renowned at the Vega HQ kitchen-where she was formally Vega's Chef. Morgan has wanted to be a chef since the age of 5 and is currently studying to become a registered holistic nutritionist.
Good for your body and the planet, Vega is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Formulated by Brendan Brazier: vegan, former professional Ironman triathlete, and bestselling author on plant-based nutrition, Vega's award-winning products include Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake and the Vega Sport Nutrition System. Find more information and recipes at MyVega.com