London Drugs Coupon Stacking Guidelines
It is the responsibility of the retailers to follow the offer and restrictions printed on the coupons in order to have the coupon redeemed. There are a few key restrictions to be aware of:
- If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons. (Applies to all coupons in-store, manufacturer, e-mail, etc.)
- The amount of the coupon. This is the maximum amount that coupon can be redeemed for
- Expiry date has not been exceeded
- Is redeemable in Canada (has a Canadian Clearing House mailing address)
- The product named on the coupon has been purchased The size and/or flavour of the item, as stated on the coupon, have been purchased
- The required number of items has been purchased
- Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)
- Taxes: see question below tax wording
London Drugs staff take pride in providing a superior shopping experience everyday – and it may be necessary to book an appointment for dedicated time to allow for proper processing of each coupon in the transaction. For this reason, it may be smart to contact your chosen store in advance for an appointment. Most coupon stacking education sites expressly recommend working with the store staff to ensure the transaction does not impact lineups.
We have a right as a retailer to limit quantities, especially if we suspect the product is being purchased for resale. We require any customer with the intention of purchasing large amount of products, work with the store to pre-order product in advance. Should we continually be driven to out of stocks, it could jeopardize our ability to continue with coupon stacking.
1. Will London Drugs price match products and then accept stacks of coupons?
Yes. When purchasing identical products, our price match policy is distinct from the coupon policy.
2. Does LD allow the total of all the coupons stacked to exceed the value of the product?
No, the coupons total value cannot exceed the value of the product. For example, if the customer presents 3 coupons that are $2.50each ($7.50) and the product is $6.00, the last coupon would be processed through the as $1.00 (not to exceed $6.00).
3. When an item is Buy 1, Get 1 free can coupons be used for the purchased item and additional coupons used on the free item?
No. The coupons can only be used on the first item as there must be a purchase in order to use coupons. As an offer already exists to get the second item free, no further coupons are required or can be accepted.
4. Are there times when a customer coupon stacking privilege can be revoked at London Drugs?
Yes. If we are aware that a customer is buying large quantities of products frequently for re-sale, this should not be allowed. London Drugs is a retailer, not a wholesaler. Coupons are not intended to be used for large scale frequent wholesaling practices. The store manager will revoke coupon stacking privileges for anyone buying product frequently for resale.
5. Internet coupons printed at home are becoming more popular. The coupon sometimes is smudged or illegible, will you still accept them?
No. We must be able to read and follow the eligibility and restrictions set out by the coupon. If we cannot verify the restrictions, or are uncertain of the coupons validity, then it cannot be accepted.
6. Will you accept a U.S. coupon or coupons in US funds if it was issued in the US?
No. We can only accept valid Canadian based coupons. The only exception would be a US coupon that indicates it is valid in Canada. The coupon must still have a Canadian Clearing House mailing address.
Our coupon policy is in place to help extend savings to our customers. London Drugs has a responsibility to follow the directions clearly stated on coupons. We pride ourselves on offering a superior shopping experience everyday and we hope to keep our coupon stacking policy as long as it's not abused.